Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Magnify


This past Sunday all the songs were about majesty, 
"His Majesty"....
"Worship His Majesty, kingdom authority."
"O Lord our Lord how majestic is your name in all the earth!"
But another word kept popping out at me, 
magnify. 

"Magnify, come glorify, Christ Jesus the King"
"O Lord we magnify Your name!"

So let's look at the definition:

verb
1.
make (something) appear larger than it is,

Well, we know that God does NOT need to be made "larger" than He is. He IS the creator of the universe, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.
📖 I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8
📖 am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last
the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13

He is "larger than life"
So let's look at #2
2.
ARCHAIC
extol; glorify.
We will glorify the Lord!
We will extol (praise enthusiastically) our God!
📖 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:3

Another picture in my mind that I have; is a magnifying glass....we use it to put the focus on something specific so that we may see it clearer and larger. 
God doesn't need to be made larger, but maybe in our life we need to draw our focus back to Him. We may need to make Him a larger part of our life...our day...our existence. 
I take this verse, as God saying He is to be set apart and glorified.

📖 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ Ezekiel 38:23

So whether we are needing to have our focus on Him more concise and a bigger part of our life or it is in focus and it is time to exalt and glorify Him...let's do it today!

📖 I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30


🙏 My prayer for you this week is that you magnify the Lord each day, each moment!❤️

"Oh! Magnify the Lord with me!"






















No comments:

Post a Comment