Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Welcome To the Jungle

 This past weekend was our annual Tri Town Summer Festival. In 2016 M.E.T. Music (for those who don't know this is my middle daughters DJing business) had a float and has continued that tradition each parade since, except one...
Every year is a theme...and the floats are designed and decorated to go with the theme. There is a lot of community participation and we as a family have lots of fun.  Last year was Christmas In July and our float, with Mr. and Mrs. Claus (a.k.a. Gramma and Bapa) on holiday in the tropics, won first place!
This year we missed having Gramma and Bapa there...but we had 6 little monkeys dancing and we were on safari!
The theme was Welcome To the Jungle....and we placed 2nd this year...a big surprise, as it was a great parade with lots of great participants!

Jungle Boogie Safari float

As I pondered this week's blog with summer festival still in my brain ...I wondered if there was any spiritual application. 
One song played on our float..."It's a Jungle Out There" by Randy Newman got me thinking.
It IS a jungle out there....it has been since the world began!  The Garden of Eden was a big beautiful Jungle providing all that was needed...but sin entered and it became a big scary place....and has been ever since. This world is full of what seems to be endless frightening things!

Jesus talked about the darkness that surrounds us
📖 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evilJohn 3:19
Jesus tells us we will have trouble
📖  I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Peter writes the devil is like a jungle lion!
📖 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1Peter 5:8
Scary?!
Yes...but we have His promises;
to be with us
📖 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”. Deuteronomy 31:6

To give us strength 
📖 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

To give us peace
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Welcome to the Jungle....it is ripe with people who are afraid and don't know where they can feel peace and security.
WE can tell them, WE can show them!
 
📖 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Ephesians 3:16-17
🙏 I also pray today that despite the "Jungle" out there, you find a way to point others to Christ!"❤

No comments:

Post a Comment