Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Reminders Of Where He Is

 Just realized it was Tuesday of a NEW week!
Looking through some of the blog thoughts I have had...none seemed right for today. 

In my "conversations with God" lately I seem to see things I  hadn't before....or more accurately reminded of things I seem to have forgotten.
Reminded, God is in the little things, and in the unexpected. 
For example; thinking about a situation from the past; remembering and praying for the people involved...and there was one of them as I pull up to the local gas station!
When all plans that we had laid out for the next  week screech to a halt as we both were quarantined...yet everything still gets accomplished and works out.
Even the closing song for Sunday's service followed the message beautifully when there is no prior discussion.
No matter how much we plan, how hard we try to work all the details out....there is much that is beyond our control.
We...I pray for so many specifics...and not that we shouldn't 
πŸ“– Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

But we don't know so much of what is going on; around us, with other people, even, sometimes, within ourselves. 
I should pray " take my life Lord, take my hands, take my heart Lord" period!  Because I don't know the best way to be useful tomorrow?  Or even today...because I don't know what lies ahead. But HE does...and whatever I go through today can be preparation for what is in store for me tomorrow.
IF I let God use me in it the circumstances today.
What does that look like? 
It means we first approach anything with a humble heart and spirit.
πŸ“–  In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:  Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself  by becoming obedient to death-even death on a cross! Philippians 2:5-8
πŸ“– For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3

Not with grumbling or complaining 
πŸ“– Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky. Philippians 2:14-15

We then find something to be grateful for, no matter the circumstance. We can be grateful we know Him and trust Him to be with us.

πŸ“– and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20

With humble and grateful hearts we then look for someone, or a situation that WE can help or be useful in.
It takes the focus off of our circumstances and opens ourselves up to possibility and hope.

πŸ“– For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I don't believe "a future" means only prosperity, worldy things, even all good things.  "To give you HOPE and a future" ...HOPE is the key....there is always a future if we have hope...hope that begins with a saving relationship with the Savior. His hope.

πŸ“– May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
πŸ“– For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:24-25
My prayer for you comes from Ephesians 1:18
πŸ™  πŸ“– I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment