Monday, June 13, 2022

"You Have To Move"

As I was praying on my knees today I heard those words.
One other time years ago...I heard them. It was a very rough time in my life and I was on my face crying out to the Lord without words...I had none. I had no idea what to do..what my next step was ...and I heard "Get up...and go...." so I did, not knowing what any steps after that first one would look like.
Today, on my knees pouring everything out to God, 
"Here I am again God, pleading for healing, strength", not just for my own family but others in my church family who are broken and grieving. 
And I just kept going and going....and then I "heard"..."you have to move".

We are to keep an open conversation with God, I believe, all day.
📖 Rejoice always, pray continually,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

📖  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

But I believe our prayers also require movement.
The prayer time fills us ..allowing us to move forward.
Jesus could have stayed in the garden talking to His Father all night...but He had to move...He had to get up and move forward into what God had for Him to do.
📖 Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”..... When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow.   Luke 22:42 + 45

We are the same, at some point we are to move...forward into what is before us....knowing God is right there...
📖 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

We all need our time in prayer...alone with God on our knees...on our face.
But then we have to move..from that place forward into what is next.


So I got up, stepped forward into today, knowing God has been there before me and is going along with me! 



🙏I pray that whatever the circumstances you find yourself in you can spend time in prayer and then...move and follow Him❤ 




No comments:

Post a Comment