Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The Squeaky Wheel

 In my prayer time the other day I was praying the song; "I Love You Lord
And I lift my voice to worship You Oh my soul rejoice. 
Take joy my King in what You hear, may it be a sweet sweet sound in Your ear"  as I do often...it says what my heart wants to say, it settles my spirit before my God.
As I was praying the thought comes into my mind..."I pray it is a sweet sound and not a  squeaky wheel,  you know...those wheels the furry rodent pets run in...like their mini treadmills.   Movin' movin' movin'!  Squeak, squeak, squeak. 
I have been so busy lately. .. as my Wednesday Blog can attest...
But it struck me...does God hear what I intend to say or is my running on the "wheel" too noisy?
πŸ“– He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10
πŸ“– Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;   Psalm.37:7a
I am not saying all we are doing is wrong, and that being busy goes against God and His word.
We are to work and labor, doing all things for His glory.
πŸ“– Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Colossians 3:23
But we must make sure that when we take our time to be with Him...we make sure to step off "the wheel".

πŸ“– But if you do not obey the Lord, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you, as it was against your ancestors. Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes! 1 Samuel 12:15-16


We don't want all our busyness to drown out the worship of our Savior. To be too busy to settle our hearts and be still before Him.

πŸ“– Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care. Psalm 95:6-7
AMEN!!❤


No comments:

Post a Comment