Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Trying Too Hard

 Went into Monday without any definite ideas for the week's blog . A few thoughts but nothing solid.....I found myself chasing random quotes and ideas....still nothing definitive.
In my prayer time on my knees...I thought "Am I trying too hard?"

Do we do that with our relationship with Christ....we try too hard to make it work because we want it to work out a certain way....our way? 
πŸ“– “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,  neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,    so are my ways higher than your ways 
and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9

We read scripture, but try another passage or another book because it "isn't speaking to me" 
Or we try another church because this one isn't saying what I want to hear.
We pray and feel God isn't listening...."I am trying Lord....why isn't it working ...(my way)?"

We should be "working" His way, His direction. 
We can't hold on to things and expect to glide smoothly down His path.
πŸ“– Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.  James 3:10

We can't hold on to bitterness and expect to move forward in our service.
πŸ“–  Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Ephesians 4:31

We can't withhold forgiveness and move forward in worship.
πŸ“– For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.  Matthew 6:14-15

We can't allow pride to be carried on our shoulders and then try to be compassionate and generous to others. 
 πŸ“– “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:37-38

We may be trying ....but if our hands are full of the wrong things then we can't do it.
Like a person trying to carry to much baggage down a narrow hall..you aren't going to have much success...you may inch forward a tiny amount with great effort, but if you let go of the baggage...you can move steadily and with more ease.


 πŸ“– “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14

Sometimes we don't even realize we are laden down with heavy baggage;  the baggage we are holding tight to, and the baggage that is hanging off us.
We only need to want it to be removed....ask for it to be gone and then let go!

 πŸ“– Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Jesus calls us to give up our selfishness, our own desires if we want to follow Him. 
πŸ“– Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. Luke 9:23
The cross we take up is not our "stuff" but those things we endure and suffer for the cause of Christ....because when Jesus took up His cross He took up our sin....so that we don't have to be hindered with our load of sin.  We ask forgiveness and we are forgiven and find freedom from the burden of quilt and shame that came with that sin.
He tells us to take up our cross, not our baggage.  
get rid of ALL that hinders our walk with Christ.....

πŸ™Praying you can get rid of any baggage you may have today, so your travels down His path are smoother, nothing dragging on you slowing you down.❤

No comments:

Post a Comment