Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Abide



 📖 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. John 15:4 (NKJV)
 "Abide in ME" and I will abide in YOU
What does it mean to abide?
How easy is it?

Merriam Webster 

Definition of abide

intransitive verb

1to remain stable or fixed in a statea love that abided with him all his days
2to continue in a place SOJOURNwill abide in the house of the Lord
abide by
1to conform toabide by the rules

First of all it is a verb...an action word...we can't expect to abide in Christ and not do anything, it takes action on our part. 

But the intransitive does not need an object to....He is there....He is ever present, waiting for us to allow Him into our lives. It is a choice..
He said "if you abide in Me....I will abide in you".

"To remain stable or in a fixed state" almost seems to contradict the idea of action 
But we remain "fixed" in Jesus.
Our "abiding" in Him is a constant state of being.
📖 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5 (NKJV)

"To continue in a place"...to continue IN Him.  Remain in Him.
📖 If anyone does not abide (remain) in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

We "conform" ourselves to Him, we become his followers 
📖 if you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. John 15:7-8 (NKJV)

We accept Christ and His Father and do His will
📖  “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. John 15:9-10

Our action is as simple as A. B. C.
Admit we are a sinner in need of saving
Believe that Christ, God’s only Son, is that savior because He shed His blood, died and rose again for our sin.
Commit our lives to following Him and His Way.

Taking that action...that step is a wonderful and glorious thing!

 📖 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy  remain in you, and that your joy may be full.  This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.  You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.  John 15:11-14

AMEN!?

🙏My prayer I that you abide in Him today....because I know if you do He is abiding in you!❤

No comments:

Post a Comment