Monday, March 8, 2021

Sound of Silence

 I have probably written on something similar in the past....but after last week...."Those Who Have Ears, Hear"(CoffeeTime With A Dear Friend 2/3/2021)..I kept thinking about the importance of listening to the silence.
The title of this may have brought to mind a song (if you are as old or older than me....or like the "classics") Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkle.  I am not referring to that song....where silence is a negative thing....that would be a whole other topic.
The silence I am looking at today is the silence that God allows when we quiet our souls before Him.  Ceasing, at least for a time, those things which distract us from hearing what the Lord has for us in that silence. 

📖 He says, “Be stilland know that I am GodI will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”  Psalm 46:10

Sometimes we stay busy...not just physically but also in our minds...we may be trying to avoid all the clamor that is going on around us, or in our own minds. Or sometimes we are avoiding the silence because we are uneasy in it.

But if we try to avoid the silence we could miss what God has for us in the quiet.  
Sometimes it is to learn patience...."I was quiet and didn't hear a thing!"... patience...was there enough time spent in the silence?  Sometimes the quiet will look differently than it has in the past or than it is for others.
We may have to eliminate something that creates "noise" for us one time and not at another.
In preparing for Easter it is so very important that we quiet ourselves....our souls and focus on who Christ is and what He has done for us,
and quiet does not mean doing nothing.  You are drawing your attention and focus on Him and on the nature of who He is:

📖  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
 Revelation 22:13

📖 Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die John 11:25

📖 Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all

📖 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”. John 8:12

📖 I and the Father are one.” John 10:30

📖    But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:6


📖 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14

We are preparing our hearts for what ever He shows us....
we are to move forward towards Him...in our busyness and in the silence.

Sometimes we just have to listen to the sound of silence.
🙏My prayer for you today is that you welcome the silence and what God has for you in it.❤

No comments:

Post a Comment