Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho

 I returned to my per diem job after being out for almost a year.   A vacation...no.  A rest.. no.
First of all I am grateful my job was secure ...because I was per diem and my shift is nonessential, I wouldn't loose my position, for that I am grateful.
I was very sick a year ago and missed several weeks until I recovered and then the pandemic...and Covid changed how things were done at the hospital ER where I work (at every hospital across the nation...and globally!) But then again things were changing all around us!
In my family things were changing as drastically and as life alteringly as well. 
My thought as I was heading to work...."heigh ho heigh ho it's off to work I go" but the next thought of course was;
"What we do when there is a "pause", a "sabbatical" from what we do for work a pause from our "work"??
It shouldn't be.....
📖 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Colossians 3:23
Regardless of what we are doing we should be serving the Lord.

📖 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.  Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  Philippians 2:12-14

I believe we should be doing what ever is placed before us, doing what God has purposed for us in His word and do it with out complaining!

📖  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

No matter what "job" is before you....we do it to the best of our ability because we are doing it for Him and we can serve Him as we serve those around us.  
That is our most important "job" and we need to be doing it every day!

🙏My prayer for you today is that you see what you can do to serve others around you today and by doing so serve our Savior!💜

No comments:

Post a Comment