Monday, November 23, 2020

ThankFULL In the Empty

How can we be Thank FULL when things seem so EMPTY?
Our lives seem upside down, everything seems different, it seems we aren't able to do things the way we used to.
We feel discouraged, isolated, frustrated, alone, abandoned, desperate. 
And for some it isn't just the pandemic, but the circumstances of their life.
We can't celebrate like we used to, or gather, or shop like we have in the past. Even ministry and service to others l👀ks different.
Does it all feel different?
Hollow, almost pointless, feeling like "why are we doing this if it can't be the same?"
📖 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

It isn't the circumstances that should cause our thankfulness,
It is our relationship....with our Savior.
Our situation can cause us to feel empty,
but when we are filled with the Holy Spirit we have something to be thankful for.
📖 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

How we DO things may look and feel different, but we should continue to DO as we adjust and alter the "how". Worship Him everyday and seek His guidance and wisdom in how to love others, serve others and show His love.
📖 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Galatians 6:9

There is a song we have sung at church 
10,000 Reasons....by Matt Redman

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name

The sun comes up
It's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass
And whatever lies before me
Let me be singing
When the evening comes

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name

You're rich in love
And You're slow to anger
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness
I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons
For my heart to find

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name
Bless You Lord

And on that day
When my strength is failing
The end draws near
And my time has come
Still my soul will
Sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years
And then forevermore
Forevermore

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name
Yes I'll worship Your Holy name
I'll worship Your Holy name

Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name
Jesus I will worship Your Holy name
Worship Your Holy name
No matter your circumstances today, this week, the rest of the holiday season...open up God's Holy Word and start counting....you will find reason to be thankful!
And in these times especially;
"Sing like never before"
Worship His Holy name!

And remember the THANK has to come before the FULL.
Thank Him, praise Him, even when you feel empty.....and soon you will find you will be full to over flowing!
📖  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13


📖 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. 1 Corinthians 1:4-6 💗🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment