Thursday, November 19, 2020

Confident In A Destination Unseen

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance (realization, reality (HCSV) ) of things hoped for, the evidence (confidence, proof (HCSV) of things not seen. (NKJV) 
This verse has been swirling around me the last few weeks.  Around the people around me...so you know what that means!


Hebrews 11:1
painting by Rachel Ramsdell (2020)

We can not see tomorrow..
We can guess, assume, plan tomorrow...heck the next 5 minutes....but ultimately we don't know for certain what any point in the future holds...or do we?!
The reality is is that we have HOPE that God is in control of our future 
๐Ÿ“– For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

There is a song written by Bill and Gloria Gaither, Because He Lives (1971) and the chorus rings true;
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives.

Having that faith is the confidence in what we can not see....because we can not see the future.
We have confidence...in tomorrow because we know we have the faith that God has got it. It is more than a "wish", it is the reality that faith itself is our evidence.
But if we have faith...even small faith ...
๐Ÿ“– He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small aa mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

we have the realization...the substance... of something to hold on to...hope!
๐Ÿ“– Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Roman's 5:5-9 (NKJV)
 
We have Hope in the day to day, but our ultimate confidence is in our eternal Home. 
Our Faith in Jesus Christ, the blood He shed for our sin, His death and amazing resurrection is why we can have the confidence of our Home in Heaven.
I have not SEEN it, but I am confident it exists and that I will be there some day.
When He is finished with me here, I will be going HOME.


My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment