Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Second Thoughts

I had a few thoughts after posting last Monday, Bucket Full of Grace.
So today can be considered a continuation, additional thoughts, and addendum.  What ever we call it...here you go!

First one....
I talked about grace being poured over us...and I..maybe even you too, have your minds go to a bucket full of water.
As verses and songs come to mind, about being "washed"

📖 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7

📖 Our sins are washed away and we are made clean because Christ gave His own body as a gift to God. He did this once for all time. Hebrews 10:10 (NLV)

But it came to me after I posted
Grace and mercy and love .. God pour them over me like...honey or molasses!
that's right....honey!  or molasses!
So that I am completely coated and it sticks to me! Something that doesn't run off me easily and that is evident to all that I have been doused; with God's love, grace and mercy!

And my second thought I wanted to share was how acquiring, Out To Canaan, the audio book came about.
As I had said, I have read all the hard copies. My mom has the complete set...if I had wanted to read them that way again.  (She has been reading them again as well)
I prefer audio..so I buy the book AND audio version digitally through my Kindle account.
No problem...until book 4: Out To Canaan.  The audio version wasn't available on Kindle.
Went to Audible...there was a version but it was read by the author...and though that would be alright...it was abridged.
I could NOT do abridged!!!
One night while in bed, I spent quite a long time searching on line.  I found that John McDonough HAD done an unabridged version...but I couldn't seem to find it in any form!  I was beginning to wonder if I wasn't going to be able to listen to the John McDonough narrated version of this book. 
or maybe I was just going to have to read the digital book...or even borrowed Mom's hard copy......
But then....success!...maybe ...I found it through the library system's Overdrive app
in the Canadian library system! But none would let me get an on line card.
more searching...
Then I found it at a library in Huntington Station Long Island  and they let me get a library card! I was able to borrowed the audio book! ….for 14 days.😳  I haven't been doing THAT much driving!

What struck me after I had posted is; I had no idea how much that particular audio version of the book would touch my heart, move my soul and that it would lead to something I would be able to share it with you!
And IF I had read that book any other way I do not think it would have had quite the same impact.
I thank God He gave me the tenacity to look for that version of that book!
Please don't get me wrong....reading the written word can and does move us!
But in this instance it was how that particular book was spoken...and sung...that lead me in an amazing direction.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed how God weaves together the "little things", things that we deem insignificant, to bring glory and honor to Him, while feeding our souls!

📖 In their hearts humans plan their course,    but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

I thank the Lord for establishing my steps and having a plan for me, even in the little things.

📖 Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

🙏I pray that we all desire God's purpose above our own plans!

📖 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.   Jeremiah 29:11-14

 


No comments:

Post a Comment