Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Stuffed,Basted or Infused


As Thanksgiving approaches this week and there is all this talk about being blessed to overflowing, and being thankful for those blessings...my brain goes to....
turkey!
Don't get me wrong...I am truly thankful for ALL my blessings!  But ...
Let's talk turkey!
Stuffed? Basted? Infused?
Which is better?  All of them?
Actually, I am not talking about the ill fated bird that has become the symbol of our national holiday and this has not become a food blog!
I am talking about us and the word of God!

Do we have it stuffed inside...which is fine...but we can't leave it there.
📖 I have hidden your word in my heart    that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11

📖  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16


Are we basted in it...so it covers us completely and frequently?

📖 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, Ephesians 5:26

📖  Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:17


📖  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9


Or are we infused with it so it fills every portion of our being?

📖 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4



📖 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."  Matthew 12:30



📖  Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:18-20

Maybe, it is important to have all 3!  It would make for a delicious roasted turkey to be stuffed, basted AND infused.
And I think it would make for a sweet, God honoring  Christian to have the Word IN, AROUND and THROUGH us!
May your Thanksgiving, your holiday season, each of your days....be stuffed, basted and infused with Christ Jesus and His holy word!




No comments:

Post a Comment