Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Have You Said Hello Today?

I have some people I usually say "hello" to almost every day. Whether it is by text or email, an occasional phone call, whether I say it first or they do....we just communicate daily.
My children, my spouse (don't laugh....with work schedules we need to make sure we say hello!), accountability friends, prayer partners.  Notice that other family members...like my PARENTS! I didn't list...because, as much as I am embarrassed to say it...a day...or 2 ...or even 3 will slip by before I have had a chance to touch base with them!  SAD isn't it!

It got me thinking this morning....actually during my knee time...."wonder who has talked to Him today?"
How many times do we let the day slip by with out saying "hello", "Good Morning" or ANYTHING at all to our Heavenly Father?
Some of the people I contact often probably would rather NOT hear from me...at least not so often!
BUT God desires to hear from us as often and as much as we can
📖 Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

📖  if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

We are more likely to call on Him when we need something, as it is with some people.
the difference is He wants us to....

📖 As for me, I call to God,
and the Lord saves me.

17 Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress,
and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:16-17

 But He would also like us to give praises and thanks as often or more than we cry out!

📖  Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I know some days we just don't have it in us to cry out, even in distress.  But our gracious Father has foreseen even that circumstance…..
📖 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26

They Holy Spirit has the words we can't speak or even think!  The Holy Spirit knows what is in our soul and intercedes for us when we don't have it in us!
Because He cares for us, loves us. He desires to hear from us every day...throughout the day!

📖  The Lord is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does.

The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.

He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.

The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.

My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever.  Psalm 145:17-21

When Jesus walked this earth He had conversations with His disciples daily as they lived, traveled and ministered together.  We still have access to Him ...even more so...24/7/365!  We can cry out, call out, sing out.....what ever we need to do at that moment... we just have to be sure that we are communicating with our Heavenly Father every day!
Even if we fall short with our earthly communications (sorry Mom and Dad!) we should be sure to be communicating with our Lord and Savior!  
He is waiting to hear us!
📖 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

He hears us!  No question!  
SO if you see God today, say Hello!  (and since He is always there, in everything...HELLO!)


No comments:

Post a Comment