Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Every Hour I Need Thee



We were given an extra hour this past weekend...not really...but for those who observe daylight savings time...
we got to set clocks back an hour...how many of us were like "YAA bonus sleep hour!!!"
Hmmm?? did any one say..."YAA, bonus prayer hour!"??
It reminded me of the chorus says..."every hour I need thee"

 We should need to turn to Him every hour, every minute of every day
📖 As for me, I will call upon God,
And the Lord shall save me.

Evening and morning and at noon

I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:16-17

We can't be on our knees every moment in prayer...we have jobs, families, commitments....BUT we should make sure we begin our day with the most important commitment we have....to Jesus Christ.  When we became of follower of Christ ...a relationship was formed and we have a commitment to grow in our knowledge and understanding of Him and that comes from TIME with Him....prayer and in His word.
📖Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18
📖This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.1 Timothy 2:3-4

In Proverbs alone there are 38 verses with the word "knowledge".

And 44 times in the New Testament the word is used.  It is important.  God wants us to come to a knowledge of the truth, His truth that saves us, but also, knowledge that brings us to and understanding of His character and to an understanding of His peace, His love!

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

 ðŸ“–Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

As I said we can't be on our knees 24/7 but from this verse it tells me it must be possible to have a flowing conversation with God through out our day...."without ceasing", a thread of communication with Him from the moment we are conscious of being awake until our mind falls asleep.

Doesn't that sound beautiful!?   Peaceful!?


Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup
you make my lot secure.

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;

    surely I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;

    even at night my heart instructs me.

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.

    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;

    my body also will rest secure,

because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,

    nor will you let your faithful[b] onesee decay.

You make known to me the path of life;

    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:5-11

 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
Beautiful song to sum up what I am feeling.....(click on link to listen)

Lord, I Need You  Chris Tomlin

A post script for today....
We need to go out and vote....and "Lord, we need You OH we NEED You" as we go to the poles and vote for our government leaders; give us wisdom not emotion, peace not turmoil, Your love not anger.



No comments:

Post a Comment