Monday, September 3, 2018

Back To School

As we head into a new school year, at least where I am from...little ones(and big ones) begin their school year tomorrow, the day after labor day.
🏫😀😢😳😖😬😎😱😵 the many faces of the start of school, and those are just the teachers!  Kidding!

I don't know about you, but I can think back on some of the fond memories of school.
I had my first kiss (on the cheek) behind the piano in kindergarten...his name was Michael Keys.Who would forget!  (I JUST realized writing this..a piano in the classroom!?  How novel!!)
I think the teacher was Mrs.McGuire...don't remember that name as well as Michael's!!!  I remember Snap, Crackle and Pop, of Rice Krispies fame, were in the toy box! For some reason the fact I could actually hold and play with the guys on my cereal box fascinated me...remember I was only 5!
I also have memories in first or 2nd grade ..no one would hold my hands in gym to make the "big circle". (I have eczema, and my hands were, to be honest, pretty yukky)  I am sure that (along with the kiss) might be a bigger deal today...but they were all memories that I hold, and a lot of my memories make up lessons learned.
Would I go back to school...like that again?
Na...I like where I am now.
But there is a purpose to it...to learning and far more than facts, figures, dates and formulas. Resilience, humor, compassion etc. ( subject for another blog!)
And all of us are still learning every day....especially as Christians ...we are to be learning and growing in our  knowledge of Christ, with Him as our teacher.

This is what the Lord says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17

The bible says that we won't know fully until we meet Him face to face.  Until we come before our "teacher".  Which, to me, means we are constantly continuing to try to see more clearly...to learn more each day.

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.       1 Corinthians 13:12

And we aren't working towards good grades or gold star stickers.
Our lessons...our "life tests", serve only to grow us stronger and move us closer to Him.
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

But we don't do it for the reward...
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,  since you know that you will receive an inheritancefrom the Lord as a reward. 
Colossians 3:23-24
To hear ....when we meet our Teacher face to face..."well done."
His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant!  Matthew 25:21
...that is all that I hope for!!

I wouldn't go BACK to school, but I wouldn't trade my "education" and my learning more about Christ and who He wants me to be everyday...for anything you have in your lunch box!!! Or anything in the world for that matter!
My prayer for all of you today!
We [I] continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,  so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God being strengthened with all poweraccording to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,  and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. Colossians 1:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment