Monday, June 4, 2018

God's Monday!!

My greeting to some lady friends this morning was supposed to start …"Good Monday!"  But instead my fumbly fingers typed out "Gods Monday!"
I liked that much better....God's Monday!!!
What an appropriate greeting!
For it to be a Good Monday it first needs to be God's!  We must give Him the time and worship and honor due Him.  Drink Him in before we even begin our day...our week!!

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.


So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory              Psalm 63:1-2

I know you all have your week scheduled out....appointments, jobs, tasks, fun events....is He there??? On your schedule? IN your schedule??!!
Do you have time set aside just for Him?


The Lord makes firm the steps
of the one who delights in him; 

24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, 
for the Lord upholds him with his hand.     Psalm 37:23-24

And in that time give that schedule to Him, ask for wisdom, guidance, direction, that each task be pleasing and honoring to Him or removed if not.....ask blessing on every task and those involved.  My schedule NEEDS to be His for it to be accomplished.

In their hearts humans plan their course,    but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

And I have to be okay with the fact that His "accomplished" and mine may look different.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

God's Monday to you this morning...as you start your day...your week! May it be all His and full to over flowing with His love, grace and mercy!


 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.
 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:17+22 KJV


Cast Thy Burden - Don Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment