Monday, June 11, 2018

A Walk Through My Morning


So before I even started to blog(which was supposed to be on a different topic)....God was in, around and through my morning....as He always is of course!!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

I woke and the first thing I usually read is an email from a friend, who emails each morning...then my Girl Friend in God devotion and today was no different...Let it Go! Girlfriends in God
which was inspiring enough to share with a small group study I am a part of via text.
It is about RESTING in Him, seeking His perfect plan for our lives... she used Psalm 23.

He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it. Luke 11:28


I then did my 2 miles on the treadmill!
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

When finished, I read a devotional that my Mom keeps our whole family current with....The Secret Place (Judson Press)  and THAT convicted...
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12
and I messaged each family member who receives that little devotion book, to see if they had read todays! and that I was praying for them!
The gist of the message; "when you feel out numbered spiritually it is the time to give God 100% of our faith!   Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:4"

Then a message came through with my small group study....one in the group shared a song that came to her as she read the Girl Friends in God devotion I had shared.

Just Breathe by Johnny Diaz

So I clicked to hear the song while I  jumped in the shower.  That song was perfect!...and then the next song that began to play before I was done....

The Same Power by Jeremy Camp

God is AMAZING!  At least in how I interpret Him speaking to me....it may be different for each of you....but I just can see His hand throughout each thing this morning and each thing was linked or built on the other!
*He needs to be my focus....no matter if or especially when,  I am physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted.
*I need to give all of it to Him, remove anything that detracts or distracts.
*To allow Him in ALL the spaces of my life!
*Have the FAITH He can and WILL do all He promises!
*Through Him living in me I have the Power to overcome, to have victory!

He brought to mind people I needed to encourage, and I stopped and immediately took the time to do so.  Thanking some people for allowing God use them, to inspire me!

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 
1 Thessalonians 5:11

For those who read last week's blog...I ended with the song Cast Thy Burden...well the song had been going through my head all week.  When I got our praise song list for church this week (I put the power points together)  the FIRST song on the list.....Cast Thy Burden!!  And our praise team does such an amazing job with that number, it is truly a blessing!

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. 1 Timothy 4:4


Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:16-18

I don't know if this blessed you today, or encouraged, BUT I KNOW God will if you give yourself and your day to HIM!

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 timothy 2:14


No comments:

Post a Comment