Thursday, May 3, 2018

Cleaning House

I don't always intend to post my blog late.  Monday morning is my goal, and occasionally I have posted a day or 2 late because the date has some significance OR I start on Monday (as is most weeks)....only to have it take longer than intended.
But this week I didn't post on Monday because I was cleaning my house!  It was in desperate need, as I had been without a vacuum for a couple weeks.  I made a conscious choice....clean or blog?! So when vacuuming was done and I realized I hadn't anymore time that morning a thought went through my head.... "What a terrible excuse for not getting the blog out!"
BUT THEN...
"That is a perfect reason for not getting my blog out!"  Cleaning "house"! ... But spiritual cleaning!
Just as we all need to vacuum, dust and keep our homes in order....so must we spiritually!
Our bodies are a temple...for the Holy Spirit to have residence.
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
We must be aware that dirt, dust, filth can build up if not taken care of daily!

  I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.  For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.  For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:15-20

 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. James 4:17

Just as cob webs start out not being seen....if left untended will continue to grow until they are big enough to almost trip us up!

Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:9-10
...the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.  If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1John 7-9

We need to vacuum those corners, sweep out the cob webs that can entangle.
...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. Hebrews 12:1

We must dust....remove that layer of grime that causes a dull surface,
those attitudes that cause us to not behave in a Christian manner.
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Ephesians 4:30-31

We need to mop because some dirt needs water to get it clean...down on your knees with some tough scrubbing.
to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,  Ephesians 5:26
... let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22

So making sure my spiritual house is clean and in order...I am able to begin ...I can see God and His word more clearly...see what Christ has for me today....and then share that with you!


Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Have you cleaned house today?!  The great thing about this "house"  cleaning is you need no bucket, mop, rags or cleaning products...
you may have to get on your knees...
and you need a humble, repentant heart that cries out to your Savior...
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7
And then you should be spic and span....washed as white as snow!!

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

There has never been a better time than RIGHT NOW to start that spring cleaning!


No comments:

Post a Comment