Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Moms Reflection

A little while ago I was taking a picture out the window.. 2 of my kids were heading out the drive way and as always I wave and ask God to protect them.
When I looked at the photo I noticed in the glass...a reflection ...me!
It just made me think (go figure)
How Mom always there...maybe not actually with you but "seeing" over you with her love and covering you with her prayers.  She isn't with you, but you can be fairly certain she is thinking about you!
The times comes when Mom has to step back....but she is reflected anyway. In your actions, attitudes and behaviors. Some of us may even say growing up...."I am not going to do ______  like my mother!"  and low-and-behold we are shaking that finger or making that statement....JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER!
I ALWAYS said I wanted to grow up and be like my mother! I know, now, that my mom isn't perfect, but it wasn't perfection I was wanting to attain. It was the inner beauty, grace and strength she embodied!  (Still working on it by the way!)
I hope I am a reflection of my mother in those things.
I hope that people associate me with her....and some have called me "little Barbara!"  I take it as a compliment!


As water reflects the face,
so one’s life reflects the heart. Proverbs 27:19


Those of us who are followers of Christ...people can't SEE Him with us...but our association is known by our behavior, our words, our actions.
Are we imitators of Christ?  Can someone call you a "little Christ!"? What a compliment!

Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children. And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave Himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

BUT what if you didn't have a mother who had anything worth reflecting, for that I am truly sorry.  BUT there might have been someone in your life; a grandmother, aunt, sister, friend, who was able to exemplify things you could strive to reflect.

IF we had someone worth reflecting in our life.....I pray that the person had those characteristics because SHE was reflecting CHRIST! 
AND if  you didn't have anyone....YOU HAVE CHRIST!

He is the one we ALL should be desiring to reflect, whether we had a shining example or not!

I pray you had an amazing Mother's Day with your mother...or anyone who has reflected on you!
And that everyday is an amazing day in Christ!

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.






No comments:

Post a Comment