Tuesday, February 6, 2018

With All My Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength....If I Can?

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’   Mark 12:28-30


With all your Heart.....what if your heart feels still, lifeless, dead?
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

With all your Soul....even when it  feels desolate and empty?
 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1Peter 1:8-9


With all your Mind.....what if you feel you have lost it, you can't even think clearly?
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,  so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ   Romans 15:5-6

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peaceRomans 8:5-6


With all your Strength ....even when you feel you can't go on, you haven't the energy to move forward or to move at all?
 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.     Isiah 40:29-31

 The Lord is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father’s God, and I will exalt him.  Isiah 15:1-3

When we are able to give every "bit" of ourselves to Him, we are able to then love others as we should.  We have to shift our focus off ourselves, knowing, trusting, that God has got it, so that we can serve others as God created us to.

The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’  There is no commandment greater than these.”  Mark 12:31


My prayer for you today....love HIM with all of "YOU" so that you can love others with all of HIM!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment