Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I Forgot Baby Jesus!

This blog came to me before christmas. And I knew it should be my first after Christmas.  And then I thought
But wait it is New Years Day....shouldn't I do something pertinent to that?
And then the thought came..."that is extremely pertinent for the new year!
So here goes;
While getting ready for our little Christmas production at church, I was there early bustling around making sure we were all set before the children arrive for rehearsal.
I had several lists going...had made coppies the script at least 3 different times...as I kept finding errors or wanted to tweek it's appearance (mind you, this involved 10 kids and maybe 7 speaking parts..to last all of 15 minutes!)
Anyway...rushing down the stairs for one more prop, I called my friend, co director, lifesaver, encourager, better half of almost all my thought processes...(you get what I mean?!  I pray you all have at least one in your life!)
And basically hollered breathlessly," I forgot Baby Jesus!  Have you left your house yet?" ( the doll we needed for our manger)
She laughed and I immediately said "that has got to be a blog!"
Because in making that statment out loud I realized in all my hurry and rush ..how true that statement could be!
Our simple little program ...retelling of "A Charlie Brown Christmas"  has Charlie Brown yelling "Doesn't ANYONE know the real meaning of Christmas!?"
The answer...BABY JESUS!
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. Luke2:8-18 (KJV)
 I pray this is not a statement as to  how your Christmas was.
That in all the bustle and craziness that seems to come with the holiday you did NOT forget Baby Jesus...why we have Christmas festivities in the first place.  The birth of Christ should have been at the center...a focus daily.  Oh, I am not saying we should forgo all that we do (but that is something we should reflect on and pray about ...and make changes if necessary)
But IN all that we do can people see that Christ is why we celebrate.  Can people tell our holiday spirit comes from a joy within that only Christ can give.  Does our giving reflect genuine overflowing from a full spirit and not a stress on our bank account.
Do we feel spiritually uplifted after Christmas?  Instead of let down, or overwhelmed by the chaos. 
As we step out of Christmas and into the New Year we should make sure our center is Christ and all the activities, projects, opportunities, relationships revolve around that Center!
 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord,Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians8:5-7

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! Philippians 1:20-22

My prayer is you DO know....that you live today...this year... for Christ!  And find all the JOY and PEACE that brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment