Thursday, November 2, 2017

Almost Like the Real Thing

This was actually on my mind before last weeks thoughts...but now seems to be a perfect sequal!  I LOVE how God works!
Last week was about works of art...and how when we look at the painters palette we can not see the Masterpiece.
Now, for a moment let's look at the work of art...the original.
Have you ever tried to take a picture of something that was so awe inspiring and beautiful....only  to look at the result and be disappointed?
Or see a copy of an original that doesn't quite match up.  There are some great copies out there....but there are experts who can authenticate...can tell the difference between the original or a forgery.

People have always tried to capture the beauty and majesty of Gods creation...art..photo etc.
And though beautiful in their own right..it isn't the real thing.  Such is with life.  We can try to "capture" happiness, contentment, peace, love with all kinds of different strategies; surrounding ourselves with material possession, an advancing career, even with family, or addictions to a myriad of things ...but
none of the "feelings" we achieve are the REAL thing.
they are merely a copy, a forgery of what we think these feelings should be.
...because they aren't coming from the real source.  The Original! God! He is the one true source for all those. ..a source that is overflowing!

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:2-3

He is the One who created all that we are, so He is the one in which all things should flow from.  From the original source flows the purest supply.

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. John 15:9-11

If we try to find what we think is love, joy, peace or contentment anywhere else,
we will discover it is a cheap substitute and we will be disappointed with the final product.
We cheat ourselves out of the true beauty of the real thing.
Now, don't get me wrong....through God we find love in our spouses, or joy in our children or peace in the beauty God created all around us, etc etc... but the source of all those things are blessings from God for us to experience those things which come from Him in the first place!

 
My prayer today is that you don't try to "capture" love, peace, joy,contentment from anything.....BUT the actual creator of all those things!  Be filled with the REAL thing!

All this I have spoken while still with you.  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:25-27



No comments:

Post a Comment