Monday, February 6, 2017

Winter Soul


It is that time of year; where it can be or just feel; cold, frozen, bleak.  
Have you ever felt that way, down in your soul?  Been discouraged, feel like your soul is frozen?

You have put me in the lowest part of the Pit,in the darkest places, in the depths.
 Your wrath weighs heavily on me;
You have overwhelmed me with all Your waves. Selah
 You have distanced my friends from me;
You have made me repulsive to them.
I am shut in and cannot go out.
 My eyes are worn out from crying.
Lord, I cry out to You all day long;
I spread out my hands to You  Psalm 88:6-9 (HCSB)


So, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
   do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
    during the time of testing in the wilderness,
where your ancestors tested and tried me,
    though for forty years they saw what I did.'
That is why I was angry with that generation;
    I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray,
    and they have not known my ways.’
So I declared on oath in my anger,
    ‘They shall never enter my rest.’
 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. As has just been said:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion.”    Hebrews 3:7-15

I feel like that is the WINTER of our SOUL, when our hearts feel hard and frozen, when we feel we are alone or have been abandoned.

BUT we should not be sad or discouraged during this time, without winter there would be no spring!

God is with us even in, especially in,  those COLD and dark times.  He uses those times to draw us to Him. It is a time when we can grow closer and learn to rely on Him more.

Even when I go through the darkest valley,
I fear no danger,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff—they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4

Sometimes we can feel like we are standing in the midst of a blinding snow and can't find right direction.
Keep putting one foot in front of the other and trust God has you ..in what ever your circumstance

The Lord your God who goes before you will fight for you, just as you saw Him do for you in Egypt  Deuteronomy 1:30 (HCSB)

Trust that in your "winter" God is "growing" something new, something stronger, something better!  Seek the light and warmth of your Savior and your winter will pass.

For now the winter is past;
the rain has ended and gone away. Song of Solomon 2:11 (HCSB)

MY prayer for you....if you are feeling your "winter soul" is that you will soon feel the warmth and light of God's love!

 Then Jesus spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

...God is love...1 John 4:8 (HCSB)

Satisfy us in the morning with Your faithful love so  that we may shout with joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14 (HCSB)





Spring is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment