Monday, February 20, 2017

From the Bottom of My Heart

You have heard this before I am sure...."Thank you from the bottom of my heart"  "I love you from the bottom of my heart"

Now, I understand the sentiment behind the statement, but you know me...it got me thinking!

I am so grateful that JESUS loves me with His WHOLE heart!
and I am to love Him with ALL of my heart!

The definition of this statement is "with sincere feeling"....
and that IS how the Savior loves us,

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  1 John 4:10

with such sincere feeling that He made a way for us to be saved from our sins!
Christ loved us so much He gave up His life!
and we are called to follow God's example....
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.  Ephesians 5:1-2

The whole chapter of  Ephesians 5  is how we are to follow God's example, and instructions for Godly living! I encourage you to click on the link and read it for yourself!

And since we know that God loves us with His whole heart, we are motivated, compelled, called to love Him with all of ours!

Notice that in Deuteronomy 4 it says SEEK Him with all your heart.....
 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

and then goes on in chapter 6 to say LOVE Him with all your heart!
 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.   Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deuteronomy 6:4-9

And this is such an important concept that Jesus himself quoted this old testament scripture passage.

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”         Matthew 22:37-40

So if we love God with ALL of our hearts, we love like He loves then......
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11

How is that for a plain, clear statement! 
If you want to know what that love looks like I encourage you to read scripture, study the life of Christ.
Read 1 Corinthians 13 for a pretty complete list of what love should look like.
as well as Galatians 5:13-26

I pray that as you read God's word you will given opportunities to show His love to others.

I hope as you read this you know that I write these with LOVE and PRAYERS for YOU!
I LOVE you with my WHOLE heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment