Sunday, January 1, 2017

THIS IS THE day that the LORD has made!

 This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.   Psalm 118:24 (HCSB)



In this simple verse I am reminded that there is something profound in those few words, especially  with how you emphasize them.
THIS ....right now, at this moment
IS ....reinforces a command that it is an action we must do
THE....shows exactly what the object of our focus should be
DAY....the here and now we are supposed to focus on
let us REJOICE and be GLAD....this is what we are supposed to do, we are called to look at our blessings and be grateful!
IN IT....actively immersed in the day God has given

Right now I WILL be IN  THIS MOMENT and look at it with gratitude and praise!

And how much more appropriate for today...January 1st of this new year!
choose to rejoice this first day of the new year....and each day to follow.
You have blessings from God the Father each day, if you don't think so then you need to look harder.  IF you are reading this you must have your vision...and I believe you must be breathing!
You probably have had something to eat today....(or like me....an over abundance of leftovers!)

Did you see family today?  Did you talk to anyone today?  Did you go to church today and worship?

IF you are sick, have you had some medication? or even tissues to blow your nose?  Has anyone checked in on you?

It is easier as you look for them, to find the blessings that God has poured out on you.

You have to choose to REJOICE, to look for your blessings.

 "But if it doesn’t please you to worship Yahweh, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship: the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my family, we will worship Yahweh.”  
Joshua 24:15 (HCSB)

SO TODAY can you say....

 On that day it will be said,
Look, this is our God;
we have waited for Him, and He has saved us.
This is the Lord; we have waited for Him.
Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”    Isaiah 25:9 (HCSB)

I hope so!  If you are asking "how can I show God I am grateful for my blessings?"  here is a song by Paul Baloche that answers it for me.
My New Years prayer....that I  live each day in 2017 as "A Hallelujah"! 
And it is my prayer for you as well!

What Can I Do   (just click on the title and a link will take you to the song)

No comments:

Post a Comment