Monday, January 9, 2017

Little Faith, Big Faith

Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

This comes from a whole section of Hebrews that talks about people and their faith and it starts off like this:

Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.  For our ancestors won God’s approval by it.
By faith we understand that the universe was created by God’s command,  so that what is seen has been made from things that are not visible. Hebrews 11:1-3

and then it goes on to tell about all kinds of people and their faith and what they were able to do and accomplish by their faith;
by faith Able
by faith Enoch
by faith Noah
by faith Abraham
by faith Sarah
and so on and so on.   I would encourage you to read all of  Hebrews 11

I have to admit that there are times when I have read this chapter and feel a bit discouraged, "what a daunting task to have a "big enough" faith!  I must say that most days I do not feel up to the task! 
but then I remember......
Because of your little faith,” He told them. “For I assure you: If you have faith the size of  a mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20

Faith big enough to move mountains!?  It says it can be the size of a mustard seed!  I can manage that! 
We are not asked by God to have a mountain of faith, but a faith that can move mountains.
Because it is not us...it is not me WITH my faith that does the work, it is God IN my faith that moves that mountain!
PRAISE GOD!

Hebrews chapter 11 ends with this verse:
All these were approved through their faith, but they did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better for us, so that they would not be made perfect without us.  Hebrews 11:39

The words....."God has provided something better for us.....they would not be made perfect with out us!"  How amazing is that!  That something better is that our faith is made bigger....perfect with Jesus Christ!  Our belief in who HE is and what HE did for us allows our faith to be made perfect in HIM!

I don't need to be discouraged that my faith feels small.....I want it to be small so that Christ can make it HUGE and be glorified in it!

My prayer for you today is that you find your faith as small as a mustard seed, present it to God and watch Him do amazing things with it! Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment