Monday, December 12, 2016

Joy


     Light the first  purple candle,  Jesus is our HOPE”

     Light the second purple candle, Jesus is our PEACE”

      Luke 2: 9- 10
9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.

LIGHT THE PINK CANDLE

We light this candle to represent JOY.  The JOY that comes with the anticipation of the birth of a King.  The JOY that comes from knowing and accepting who Jesus is and what He came to this earth to do for you and for me.
John 15:10-11
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.                                  

Prayer is from Psalm 28:7
“Lord you are our strength and shield; our hearts trust in you, and we are helped. Our hearts leap for JOY and we give thanks to you in song.” Lord may our joy be complete this season and throughout the year as we love others in the same way you love us.


No comments:

Post a Comment