Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Seeking What Is Lost

Do you feel we spend much of our time looking for lost items? Car keys, which I dont seem to misplace. But the "other" sock, the "other" earing, a shirt I haven't seen since last fall. You can add your own.  It frustrates me when I am SURE it was right here...or there!
Jesus told a parable about time spent looking for something lost. 

📖 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”  Then Jesus told them this parable: Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?  And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:1-7

Jesus was speaking to EVERYONE. Sinners and tax collectors (lumped together of course), but the Pharisees and other important men were present as well.

📖 Jesus said to him, Today salvation hast come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.  For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:9-10

Jesus came to seek and to save.

📖 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. Ezekiel 34:11

We are far more precious to God than any material thing we could be searching for.
He came searching for sinners.
📖  Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 1 Timothy 1:15

Not to condemn but to save
📖  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:16-18

And though He seeks us out....we MUST turn to Him...not try and hide like Adam and Eve.
📖  Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” Genesis 3:8-9
( Side note: even as they hid God was calling for them. )

Or keep our stiff backs turned to Him.
📖 those who turn back from following the Lord and neither seek the Lord nor inquire of him.”  Zephaniah 1:6

📖 My people are determined to turn from me.
    Even though they call me God Most High,
    I will by no means exalt them. Hosea 11:7

We need to seek Him, cry out to Him, He is there. He has already sought you out.

📖   if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14

Just ask....
📖 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

🙏🏼 Lord, I pray we all turn our faces toward You, we run to Your open arms! Because, there we will find all we need. 
Jesus does not consider it a waste of time to seek each of us....I pray we take the time to seek Him. ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment