Monday, April 1, 2024

A New Day ... To Choose

Yesterday was the celebration of Jesus's resurrection. He rose to life from death! 
He willingly suffered, died and was buried in a tomb...remained there and on the third day walked from that dark place into the new morning so that WE can have new life!
📖 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:3-4
April 1st ....a new month, a new day!
Is it? Is today new for you?!

Today I choose to follow Him.
📖  Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

Today I choose to Love ANYONE, EVERYONE with the love of Jesus.
📖  “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

Today I choose His forgiveness for all my sins and wrongs.
📖 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.   Matthew 26:27-28

Today I choose to remove anything that hinders my service to Him.
📖  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Ephesians 4:30-32

Today I choose to be an example of Christ's love
📖  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Today I choose to not let my circumstances, people, or situation dictate my attitudes and behaviors.  I want the knowledge of what Christ has done for me and His Spirit within me to be what is evident  
📖 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

Today I choose!
📖 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15
YOU, reading this today, are a part of my family...my "house"
As for me and MY HOUSE....
🙏Heavenly Father, Amazing God, with humble hearts because of the great thing You have done for us, (the giving of Your only Son to willingly suffer and die for our sins to rise again in victory over death and Hell) we choose to follow Christ today! And with that ALL the forgiveness of our sins and ALL that You fill us with; Your Holy Spirit, Your love, grace, mercy, compassion, joy, peace, gratitude, 
generosity.  I pray that all You have poured into us we let spill out onto and into all those around us! In Jesus Holy name Amen!!♥️

1 comment: