Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Worship

 I couldn't decide if I should blog about something totally different and late and blog next week about our experience over the last 3 days.
It may be both!
As I sit at our campsite in the early morning, it is quiet...all in our camper asleep. 

 Very few stirring...which is to be expected when music, bonfires, worship etc go on well after midnight!
But I can hear music starting already for morning worship.
It is an amazing experience worshiping with several thousand people...in so many different ways, to many different musical genres, different speaking styles.
All ages; babies to an older generation (which I guess I am a part of!!!) But there were those a generation older!
A small glimps of heaven?!
I didn't sit much...most songs I couldn't sit for...even the speakers you had to be on your feet arms raised!


For those who don't know we are at Kingdom Bound, a three day worship event (a ministry of Houghton University). There is so much going on you can not do all of it, but it is also attached to Darrien Lake Six Flags! 
The kids have gone to children's worship with their mom. There are seminars going on all day, every day. There are Christian sponsors in booths at the camp ground. 
Campground is huge and filled with all KBers.
School busses shuttle concert goers to the amphitheater all afternoon and evening.

Jesus Christ is proclaimed, invitations given!
Not just by the speakers, but the artists as well.
Matthew West had so much good to say I wish I had brought a notebook. 
And we aren't done....more today! 
We have already worshiped with Cain (my next spotlight Sunday!)
We Are Messengers, Matthew West, Sanctus Reel, Elevation Rhythm, Anne Wilson (amazing worship with my grandkids), We the Kingdom which ended with a "Light the Candle" service.


Tonght we will see Katy Nicole and Newsboys, I do not know what my grandson will do!? He was jumping out of his skin with all the others, but Newsboys are his favorite!  Watching him, with his excitement and praise fills my heart!
I

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Psalm 95:1

Let them praise his name with dancing
    and make music to him with timbrel and harp.
For the Lord takes delight in his people;
    he crowns the humble with victory.
Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor
    and sing for joy on their beds. Psalm 149:3-5

More blog to follow...



No comments:

Post a Comment