Monday, October 31, 2022

A Win-Win

đź“– Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me. Philippians 1:18-26

This was part of the scripture passage used in yesterday's message.
I read it over several times...it seemed, to me, to speak volumes. Especially after last week's post, Beauty in the Dying II.
First of all let me say that in verses 22-23, I believe Paul's "choice" isn't in whether he lives or dies, but in which he would prefer, which would be more desirable. 
See, at that moment he was in prison, and as I have said before, not our prison. Dark, dank holes, no sanitation, little or no light. He was in chains, had been beaten. For all he knew he was going to be executed or there until he died. He did not know his fate.  
BUT what he was saying is....it didn't matter; because whether alive or dead it was all for God's purpose and glory!  
He concluded that he was going to survive that particular time because his work with the people of Philippi was not finished, it would be for their "progress and joy in the faith".
I have seen several people at the end of their life...in pain, severe pain, knowing there wasn't much available to make it go away. We wonder "why?" But in their suffering God was able to use them for our "progress and joy in the faith". I pray I didn't let it go wasted, that I saw Christ, I saw what God intended for me in it.
That their suffering was not in vain.
đź“– Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5

We may feel or actually be at the end of our life. We may feel beat down, chained and imprisoned in our circumstances. Can we see them like Paul? Opportunity? To shine for Christ, to share the gospel! That living gives us more opportunities to serve Him! But in dying we are with Him!   Couldn't that be called a win win?!

Paul believed that in suffering it drew him closer to Christ because he was sharing in the suffering Jesus endured while on this earth.
đź“– Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. Colossians 1:24
But knew he could never match the depth of what Christ suffered on his behalf, on our behalf!

I pray that any "suffering" I endure I choose to see it as Paul did;

đź“– Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal gloryHere is a trustworthy saying; 
If we died with him, we will also live with him. 
if we endure, we will also reign with him. 
If we disown him, he will also disown us; 
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself. 2 Timothy 2:8-13
🙏My prayer is that no matter how dire your circumstances are right now, you can find Christ and His hope and peace knowing you are in it for His glory!❤


đź“– Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through ChristIf we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7



No comments:

Post a Comment