Tuesday, November 9, 2021

To Be or Not To Be ....Silenced

 God silenced Zechariah
πŸ“–  When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth,  for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”  The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”   Luke 1:12-20

But not Sarah....
πŸ“– Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.” Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him.  Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”  Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.” Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But he said, “Yes, you did laugh.”  Genesis 18:10-15
πŸ“–  Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised.  Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.  Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him.  Genesis 21:1-3
God can silence a man...but silence a woman?! Who has that power!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ (audience laughter)
Kidding...God can do what ever He wants...I pray often He silence me when I don't know enough to keep that way on my own!

When I spouted that joke with my ladies..one said "oh I see a Blog!" (Aimee)
And sure enough!!!...
My thoughts went to the study our ladies just finished...The Power of A Woman's Words. [The Power Of A Woman's Words; Sharon Jaynes]
The crux of the book/study was that there is Power in everything we say.
If God doesn't silence us it is NOT because WE have great things to say....wise words to impart.
It is because, if we let God speak through us, we...as women...moms, wives, daughters, sisters, aunts we can have a powerful impact on those around us...an eternal impact...one that comforts, encourages, teaches, supports, corrects, redirects, shapes, mentors, leads, gives freedom and loves.
And that goes for you men too!!

There is much that God can do if we turn over our "voice" to Him.  
πŸ“– For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. Luke  21:15

Most of us feel we have a lot to say (look who is writing!πŸ˜‰) 
πŸ“– Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. James 3:5
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.  Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.  James 3:9-10

But I believe it is because God designed us that way...however, much of the time we forget ...it is His words that we were created to speak! 
Commit your voice, your words to Him....
the old adage; "Think before you speak"  is better practiced..."pray those thoughts before they come out in words" 
test what you have to say with God ...
πŸ“– We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 t
Every thought would translate to "every word"

So that all that comes from your lips is "God approved"
πŸ“– May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

πŸ™Today I pray that I can  ...

Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:18. ❤


Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

No comments:

Post a Comment