Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Comfort Food

We all have our "go-to-comfort food"
Chocolate,
mac n cheese (or any pasta)
Donuts (or any carb)
Coffee, tea, coco (any warm drink)
Did I say Chocolate?
Etc etc etc
Something we tend to gravitate toward when we are stressed or sad or angry or hurting or all of the above.
Something that when we put it to the lips and tongue something inside just starts to soften....and there is an internal "aahhhh",  sometimes external!
It is not necessarily a bad thing....however if our moments of stress go on for a long period of time...which they sometimes do, and our comfort food of choice isn't overly healthy, which they rarely are...then it can be a bad thing...
and once we consume the food, it is gone and most of the time what ever is making us want the comfort food is still there...a vicious cycle,
BUT what if there was a "comfort food"  that was good for us!?  that was ok to need everyday?! and that can make a difference with the stuff that is bothering us?!
THERE IS!!!
📖  Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. John 6:57-58

Jesus is our comfort "food".  He can quench that insatiable thirst.
📖  Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14

When this "Comfort Food" passes your lips and touches your tongue your soul will sigh "aaahhhh"
📖  John 6
27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”.....32 Jesus said to them, Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”35 Then Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. ........ 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Enjoy that piece of cake, chocolate or otherwise.....but let the Lord be that "Comfort Food" and it will be all that we need....we don't NEED anything else to calm our soul, sooth the wound, ease the ache.  

📖  Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”  John 14:8

❤🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment