Monday, December 14, 2020

There is JOY in the CROSS




Joy In the Cross

There is Hope in the Cross (light 1st purple candle)
There is Peace in the Cross (light 2nd purple candle)

The image of the cross of crucifixion seems contradictory to the idea of Joy...
But, if we think about it ...BECAUSE of the cross we are able to have joy.
(Light the pink candle)



Joy that first came with the birth...
📖  And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:8-12

There is joy promised if we remain in His love and keep His commands
📖   As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  John 15:9-13
He even alluded to the length in which He would go in His love for us.

Jesus Himself felt joy, being filled with the spirit
 📖 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. Luke 10:21

Before He was led to the cross to die He prayed...wanting Joy ... His Joy.. for His disciples and ultimately for all of us who follow Him.
📖 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.  John 17:13

Jesus knew He was going to die on that cross...but also knew He wouldn't stay that way....He would rise again and we would be filled with joy...
📖 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. John 16:22

Because HE is JOY...
No one..not even death can take Him away from those of us who believe!
HE is what makes true Joy possible, full and complete!
AMEN!!

🙏My prayer for you; no matter your circumstances this season you find true Joy, you find Him, in all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment