Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Down But Not Out

I have to be honest....Monday as I lay on the couch resting and rehydrating per doctors orders, I forgot about blogging....and most everything else!
I had an ED trip Sunday night, believing my breathing issues were pneumonia, they ran a battery of tests...being that I am an over 50 female having shortness of breath!  My heart is fine! and the doctor said he didn't see any pneumonia, but I did test positive for Influenza A! 
"WHAT!!???  
"YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT!"
See, when people come in to the ER and test flu positive everyone puts on a mask, we tell them to wear a mask, and to avoid contact with people for 5-7 days, we consider the room "isolation" and have it specially cleaned.....
As a friend messaged me today "a real disruption to your schedule"
RIGHT!  
Not go anywhere for the week?!
Not see anyone for a week?!
I had a list for the week; Ladies Study Monday night at my house, a friend to doctor's appointment, helping with a church outreach, subbing at school a day and a half, working my job at the hospital 2 nights.  Not to mention helping with grandkids!!  
All that got "adjusted" Sunday night.  
And Monday I lay resting......more bothered by the inconvenience it was to others ...me disrupting their week by being "down for the count"
AND it struck me today.....THERE IS A PURPOSE IN THIS!  It is NOT a disruption to God's agenda! And I may be down....but I am NOT out!

πŸ“–“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord   Isaiah 55:8


I don't believe God GAVE me the flu....but I DO believe that He can use this time!
I shouldn't feel sorry for myself, or frustrated....on the contrary it gives me perfect opportunities!
to Blog while doing my nebulizer treatments, to pray for all the others who are sick and suffering while I rest, to spend time quietly meditating on what God has for me in this time!
So, even when we are down, with illness or injury and OUR schedule is disrupted ask the Lord to make it HIS schedule! Ask Him to help us to redirect and to use the time for His glory!

πŸ“– We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

We may be down for a time, but we are not out of service in our ability to worship, praise, and pray for others!

πŸ“– Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

πŸ“– He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,    I will be exalted in the earth.”  Psalm 46:10
I believe God takes this verse very seriously! And when we are forced to be still, we should too! (actually we should take the time to be still, even when we aren't "forced" to!" πŸ™‚)

πŸ™Praying for you today and you find a time to be still!❤



No comments:

Post a Comment