Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Bear One Another's Burdens?

In my reading the other day the writer referenced the scripture Galatians 6:2;
πŸ“–  Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. (NKJV)
And they listed some of the difficult situations in which we "pull alongside" and help;  illness, tragedy, etc...which is what we are called to do as Christians.
BUT that list just made me think....
What about all the other "non burdened" moments in people's lives.
Shouldn't we be there too?
πŸ“– A friend loves at all times, Psalm 17:17a

πŸ“–  And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Acts 2:42 (NKJV)


πŸ“–  Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. Ephesians 4:25

πŸ“– Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

πŸ“– Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.  Do not be conceited. Romans 12:15-16
We must cultivate and grow relationships so that we can bear the burdens.
It is harder to shoulder someone's grief when we hardly know them...don't get me wrong...we can be a help, comfort and support to total strangers
πŸ“– Luke 10:25-37  The Good Samaritan click on the link to read how Jesus told us to do that.
BUT bearing one another's burden, to me, implies a level of intimacy that comes from a basic foundation of friendship.
Jesus can offer to bear our burdens
πŸ“–  "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30
Because He has established that friendship.
πŸ“– I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15
He calls us friends and can take any burden we have!
BUT do you grow that friendship?  Do you continue to be close when things are going along smoothly, or do you only call on Him when in need?
Do you talk to Him daily ?  Study His word regularly?
That is the most important relationship we can grow.  Without it, all the rest have no solid foundation.

πŸ™ I pray that you continue to grow your relationship in Christ, so you can, in turn, build the relationships that God has given you.


No comments:

Post a Comment