Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Peace In the Cross

As I said last week ..doing something a bit different this year with advent.  All the elements of Advent are tied to the cross..
1st Sunday was Hope (light the first purple candle)
2nd Sunday of Advent..PEACE ( light the 2nd purple candle)
There is PEACE in the cross.

📖 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
 You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. John 14:27-28

Jesus was/IS able to pass on the peace He Himself was going to gain because of the cross.  Because He knew His Father's will would be accomplished with His death and resurrection.

 📖Do you now believe?” Jesus replied.  “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:31-33
Our PEACE  comes through Christ.

 📖  You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. Acts 10:36

Christ, who knew no sin became our sin and died for us on the cross.
📖 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Through our faith in His death on the cross and in His resurrection into life, we are justified and find peace.
 📖 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

And don't we all want that....peace, that is beyond our comprehension!

📖 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment