Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Rule Maker



"I am the OLDEST....I MAKE the rules!"
A coffee mug that I received at Christmas....(my siblings got the corresponding ones)
But looking at it one day....it got me thinking!
We like to think we make the rules.  And sometimes we even try.
In the movie Miss Congeniality, during one part of the pagent they ask that one question "If you could have one thing (make one rule) 
And everyone's answer was …."world peace".  
And we might say the same thing, think WE have the answer to fix all the wrongs of this world....
BUT I do not see the whole picture..do you?....so making the rules might not turn out right in the end.

As mom's we say..."I make the rules!"  or any of us....don't we want to say we make the rules!
But again...even though we believe we are doing what is best for our children because we love them most...we are also flawed people....who were raised by (even the best parents) flawed people.
Now don't get me wrong...I am not saying we should throw out the rules...we would have chaos.

BUT GOD is the oldest……..so He makes the rules!
And if you have ever read the Old Testament....He had A LOT of them!
The 10 Commandments Click here to read the account
The books of Exodus and Leviticus are FULL of laws and rules.

THEN Jesus came...He followed those rules...was the only one who could...BUT He "upped the anty" so to speak.
For exaample
In the Old Testament it was common for tithes and  sacrifices be the top, the best, the first for offerings.


 ðŸ“–  Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear  so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God  and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth. Genesis 28:20-22

📖 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. Leviticus 27:30

📖 Honor the Lord with your wealth,
    with the firstfruits of all your crops; Proverbs 3:9


But in the New Testament Christ became the one and only sacrifice.
📖  God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. Romans 3:25-26

📖 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2

Yes we do have to have rules here on earth...
But our rules should line up with those of God's



📖 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,  honor your father and mother,’  and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’” Matthew 19:17-19


In the Old Testament it says an eye for any eye.
Jesus said; love your enemies
📖 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, Matthew 5:43-44

Love God with all your being...
📖 Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 27:37-39

 Do not do things out of selfishness
 ðŸ“– Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3-4

Go and tell others
📖 Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20


God is the OLDEST!  I will stick with His rules!
I have a limited view of eternity. My heart may be in the right place....but my view of the whole picture is narrow...I can't see how things affect ALL.

So moms that should give us some relief...rules have already been made... We can just sit back and.....oh wait....we still are THE mom, aren't we!!!

Praying that you follow the best Rule Maker today!



No comments:

Post a Comment