Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A1c

A1c is a blood test for diabetics that track a person's blood sugar levels over the course of several months. (in it's most simplest definition)
Most diabetics...at least the ones I know are to check their blood sugar levels once a day...bare minimum... preferably more. And then their doctor checks their A1c at different intervals.
This way they control their sugar levels better..their diet, medications etc....in theory!


"HgbA1c is a good marker for glucose control, because the more glucose is circulating in the blood, the more hemoglobin will be glycated (covered with sugar)"
(https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/blog/what-does-a1c-stand-for/)

Makes me wonder wouldn't a  "C1c" test be helpful?!!  A test to measure how much Christian has coated our cells/built up in us over a period of time?  To help us have a better handle on our Christian walk and life?!

From the moment we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior...Master of our life...our "C1c" should increase.
Sometimes the numbers might spike with a period of spiritual growth, and sometimes they would stay level as we go through a spiritual dry spot, but the ideal is that they would always be increasing.
If our numbers drop we know that we need an infusion to the soul. 

Silly isn't it!?
 But how many of us just move through each day, not giving much thought to how Christ would have us live, each moment? 
"Over all I am a good person, it's not like I have murdered anyone!" 
"I love Jesus."  
"I go to church once a week (IF I am not too busy)," 
"I know what the scriptures say..I will get more serious about it later."
"I am too tired" or "to sick too care"

We get caught up in the busy and only when things slow down do we think "Oh God, I pray I handled the day ok."

Whew! It's a good thing there is no such test!...or is there???

📖  By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Matthew 7:16-20


So how does my "C1c" look?
"I am a good person, generally, I haven't murdered anyone!"
📖 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’  But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ ["Vain or worthless fellow; a term of contempt used by the Jews in the time of Christ." (Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. "Entry for 'RACA'". "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia". 1915.) is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. Matthew 5:21-22

"I love Jesus!"
 📖  “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 7:21

📖  But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. Matthew 15:18

"I go to church (when I am not busy)"

📖  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:23-25
 "I know what the scriptures say..I will get more serious about it later."
📖 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Hebrews 10:26-27

"I am too tired" or "I am too sick to care."
📖    I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. Revelation 3:15-16

I don't know about you....but does some of that seem almost discouraging?!
But for those of us who believe, who call ourselves followers of Christ....we WILL stumble ...we WILL fall... BUT WE HAVE THIS HOPE....
He has given us FORGIVENESS!!
📖  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Roman's 5:8
📖 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. . John 3:16-17
📖 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter,...  Mark 3:28

📖 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  
2 Corinthians 12:9a
📖    “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
Amen!!!
I know my "C1c" numbers may not always be on the increase...but my goal is that of John the Baptist     "He must become greater; I must become less.”  John 3:30


So the silly "C1c" can be a reminder; 
The more the "C" Christ is #1, the lesser the "c" coefficient of me. 

The more of Him in me, the less of me I see!
As I pray that for me today....I will pray it for you as well! 🙏💗




No comments:

Post a Comment