Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A Survey Driven Christianty

Have you noticed that there are survey's everywhere?!  Every receipt you get from a store the clerk must now take a highlighter and let you know that there is a survey you can do "if you go to this web address" and "you can win"  a store gift card, cash...etc etc.
When you go to a hospital or even doctors office, you receive a tablet with "a short survey".  Web sites have pop-ups.."please take a moment to tell us what you think".
Restaurants the same.
We have become a survey driven society.  To the point, where some hospitals recieve some of their monies  based on those surveys!
It got me thinking (of course);
What if our Chritianity was survey based?
On Sunday when we get home from church a little message flashes for God..."tell us what you think?  Rate today's worship"
How many stars might you get?
Or when looking at your heart during worship..."on a scale of 1-5...5 being completely surrendered and in-line with Christ....."
Hey, Sunday we might score alright.
What about during the week?  Friday night?  Satuday morning?
How would our survey look then?!
I am PRAISING God right now it doesn't work quite that way!!

Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. John 1:16


"No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
Acts 15:11-13
Love that word Grace!!!

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his love for those who fear him;

as far as the east is from the west,

    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

As a father has compassion on his children,

    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; Psalm 103:11-13

I will strive every day to achieve a "5 out of 5" ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!  Because I want nothing more than to bring honor and glory to my Lord and Savior!
But I live in the truth that His grace covers me because my reality that is what I need! 

Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
 Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
 who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:1-5


I know I have shared this song before....but it is a good one for today!
Grace Wins. Matthew West

No comments:

Post a Comment