Friday, August 18, 2017

Bridge Work

I was traveling around our country side the other day with my daughter.  We had to travel through several small and not so small towns. And of course there was road construction and also several areas where there was "bridge work" going on....which made me grin 😁 ..."there should be a set of dentures on the sign!" (get it...BRIDGE work!" 😂) okay, okay
After that brief, silly thought came a post script to my Road Signs blog 2 weeks ago.
Rather than it being a pain, an inconvenience, an irritation, we should be grateful!  Without the repair work the under pinning and support of that bridge could be in disrepair in a short time.
And bridge construction is necessary to cross a divide, to close the gap so that we can reach the other side and our destination.
AND as it is with us!
The only bridge that can cross the chasm of sin that gapes between  God and us is Jesus Christ!

Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

 The Lord said in the book of Ezekiel that He could find no one....at that time to stand before Him in the gap.
I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30

But He sent Christ to do that for us! 
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 1 Timothy 2:5-6
Can I get an AMEN!

All it takes is our first step in asking for Christ to come into our life, forgive our sins and bridge that gap! and unlike the bridge work around here....it will be done in the blink of an eye!  Your sins will be covered and the chasm between you and God no longer present!  Amazing!
BUT just as actual bridges ...ours need to be tended to and not just periodically....daily!
We must spend time with the "Project Engineer"  the designer of our bridge.  We must maintain its structural integrity.  The "blueprints are right in God's Word! 


The chorus to a song by Point of Grace just keeps running through my head...and sums up what I am trying to say;

There's a bridge to cross the great divide
A way was made to reach the other side
The mercy of the father, cost his son
His life
His love is deep, his love is wide
There's a cross to bridge the great divide

click on this link to listen to the whole song!

The Great Divide. Point of Grace


My prayer is that you have taken that step and asked Christ to bridge that gap, and that chasm of sin is covered, forgiven....and that you are doing "bridge work" daily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment