Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Good Mooring





No not a typo.....
Well it started out that way...saying good morning to a dear Aunt of mine I mistyped and ....there goes my brain again.

Can we say Good Mooring today?
according to Wikipedia
"A mooring refers to any permanent structure to which a vessel may be secured. Examples include quays, wharfs, jetties, piers, anchor buoys, and mooring buoys. A ship is secured to a mooring to forestall free movement of the ship on the water. An anchor mooring fixes a vessel's position relative to a point on the bottom of a waterway without connecting the vessel to shore. As a verb, mooring refers to the act of attaching a vessel to a mooring."


 “He reached down from on high and took hold of me;    he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me." 2 Samuel 22:17-20


SO....do you have a good mooring today?  are you secured to THE permanent structure?
The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. Psalm 37:9

Is your position fixed?
So that when the waves and storms of life come....and they will, if they haven't already, are you secure?....you may get tossed about.....but you are not going to be sunk! 

The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;    my hope comes from him.
 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62:5-7



 You are moored to Christ! 
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20

He is our Hope....He has come to be our life saver/savior!  Our souls are firm and secure in our faith in Jesus Christ!

I pray you have good mooring today! Everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment