Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Are You Washed

As we sang the hymn Are You Washed In the Blood on Sunday and I was looking at the pictures up on the screen with the words,  my mind began thinking.....

I had used some water fall pictures from a hike I ACTUALLY went on with Kevin.  It was 7 miles to our destination and about 2.5 miles into the hike it began to rain and rain hard!  It continued to rain all night!
At our destination and where we made camp there was a river and upstream a bit was Wanika Falls.
From what I understand sometimes the water is just a trickle, not really a raging waterfall until a big rain. Mostly rock surface.


That is where my thought process comes in.....a rocky, hard surface, dirty, weeds and plants trying to grow out of the chinks in the rock.  
Isn't that us when we wander away from Christ, when we let busyness and life crowd in and cause the water to be just a trickle
Hard, rock like, with the "dirt" of the world covering us.  Sin trying to take root in the cracks we have allowed to form.
But when we come to Him, spend time with Him that living, life giving water begins to flow!  Sometimes slow at first, and it begins to clean the dirt....but the water becomes a torrent as it flows down over us taking with it all the "crud", the "weeds" that have taken root.
The more that water flows over us the less sin can take root, the world can not take hold!
And over time doesn't water make rock smooth?!   As we live our lives in Christ allowing the water to wash over us constantly, we become more polished, our "burs" and jagged edges are softened or even totally smoothed out.



Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. Revelation 22:2








having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Hebrews 10:22

He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”
 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
John 13:6-9

Dear Lord wash over ALL of me with a mighty torrent of your Living water!  And may it flood over and spill on all around me!



No comments:

Post a Comment