Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Sometimes Needs To Be Every Time

 Some weeks I wait to write after an inspiration comes. Every once in a while there isn't one....and I just have to start writing because I KNOW God will inspire and move. 

It isn't that God is quiet and has nothing for me...it is me....have I been quiet enough? Have I taken the time to spend with Him? 
I see Him all around me all the time, and I acknowledge and am grateful. 
But we are also supposed to take time out of our ever increasingly busy schedules to be with Him. In any friendship or relationship, IF we don't make any time specific for that person, the relationship isn't going to grow or be strong ..it may just be a relationship in name only. 
I DO NOT WANT THAT for any relationship I have, but especially with my Lord and Savior!
📖 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

In the study on prayer we are doing in our Sunday school class  How To Pray; a simple guide for normal people.  By Peter Greig the first chapter talks about your "thin place"; that place you go to spend time with God. 

Wherever you find your chair, try to visit it daily. Let it become your thin place, a sacred space that helps you walk and talk with God through the many twists and turns of life pg 11 How To Pray; a simple guide for normal people  Peter Greig

📖 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, ...Jeremiah 24:12-14a

He is there!  
The author, Peter Greig, pulled out something interesting from Acts 2.

📖  When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit... Acts 2:1-4a
Isn’t that an interesting progression? The Holy Spirit filled the place before he filled the people. Pg 9 How To Pray; a simple guide for normal people  Peter Greig

It isn't like we have to search and search for the place that He is in.  It is where we are when we seek Him. We turn our hearts toward Him. We quiet the noise and desire His presence, His voice.
📖  if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. . 2 Chronicles 7:14

Now, I am going to my " Thin Place" and commit to show up there everyday...because He will!
And I will meet you back here next week!

🙏🏼Lord God, please prompt, urge, pull me to that place everyday. Forgive me for not running to it and You every morning. My heart wants to meet Yours! Amen♥️

1 comment: